Treatment Database Officer for The Global Fund Supported Program
APN+ is a network of People Living with HIV (PLHIV) in Asia and the Pacific. It was established in 1994 as a response to a need for a collective voice for PLHIV in the region, to better link regional PLHIV with networks throughout the world, to support regional responses to widespread stigma and discrimination and to advocate for better access to treatment, care and support.
In early 2011, the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria (GFATM) approved round 10 grants titled Monitoring Access to Treatment in Asia (MATA) with APN+ as a Principle Recipient (PR). The goal of the grant is to improve knowledge and understanding of issues related to PLHIV’s access to treatment, care and support services in the region and use it for evidence-based advocacy. The program is currently being implemented through Sub-recipients (SRs) in Bangladesh, Indonesia, Lao, Nepal, Pakistan, Philippines and Vietnam. The program has entered into phase II and will be implemented for at-least 1 more year with an extension for 3 more years currently in negotiation with the Global Fund.
APN+ plus is currently in negotiation of a subsequent grant that is planned to be in implemented in 9 countries starting mid of 2016 and ending on December 2018. This grant will be jointly implemented by APN+ and three other regional networks in their program countries
APN+ Regional secretariat office is seeking to recruit a Treatment Database Officer.
Summary of the position:
The Regional Treatment Access Database Officer is a structural position in APN+ that are responsible the development, management and maintenance of APN+ Regional Treatment Access Database and report directly to the APN+ GF Unit & Grant Manager.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for regional data input, verification & quality assurance, data analysis and findings disseminations of the APN+ Regional Treatment Access Database
- Consolidate data at the regional level and produce quarterly data update which includes required programmatic updates as indicated in the Performance Framework
- Develop, together with the APN+ GMU, APN+ Regional Treatment Working Group and external consultants, annual work plan, budget and reports for APN+ Regional Treatment Access Database.
- Manage & assist external consultant, communicate and consult with the Regional Treatment Working Group regarding, and involved in, the development of the APN+ Regional Treatment Access Database detail work plan and ensure accordance to APN+ GF Round 10 work plan and budget
- Develop APN+ Regional Treatment Access Database – Data Collection Guidelines for data collection trainings at the SR level
- Train SR Project Coordinators in understanding APN+ Regional Treatment Access Database detail work plan, and in understanding data collection method, sample, and other data collection system necessities
- Monitor the quality of SRs Data Collectors Trainings and ensure that transfer of knowledge implemented at the highest standard of quality and in accordance to the Data Collection Guidelines
- Monitor and supervise data collection & data input activities at the SR level and ensure timeliness of submissions of data collected from the SR to PR
- Ensure that APN+ Regional Treatment Access Database respect human rights and confidentiality principles and does not, in anyways, jeopardize the lives of PLHIV and other human being
- Ensure that APN+ Regional Treatment Access Database respect existing research ethics and operate in the highest standard of qualities
- Review, clarify and verify data collected at the SR level and provide feedback for data collection performance
- Assist external consultants, APN+ Regional Treatment Working Group and SRs in the analysis of the annual data update of the APN+ Regional Treatment Access Database
- Manage the development & maintenance process of the APN+ Regional Treatment Access Database website
- Ensure online real-time update of the APN+ Regional Treatment Access Database
- Enhance & update website interface to meet the needs & expectations of target audience, by reviewing user feedbacks and by conducting target audience survey
- Under the authorization of APN+ Grant & Unit Manager, represent APN+ on matters related to APN+ Regional Treatment Access Database technical development, implementation & maintenance
- Report to APN+ GF Grant & Unit Manager if possibilities of conflict of interests are identified and propose for action plan to prevent & address the conflict of interests.
- Minimum 5 years of work experience in similar capacities, preferably in the field of health and development. Prior experience with the Global Fund supported project is an asset but not a requirement.
- University degree in Statistics/Social sciences or equivalent desired.
- Very good command of written and verbal English. Ability to communicate within cross-cultural program.
- A pleasant person, with attitude to learn and be open to work with people different cultures.
- A team person, who values collective growth, respects ideas and adjusts with the situation.
- Be able to travel to the region and enjoy learning from field experiences.
How to apply:
This position is expected to start as soon as possible. Please send a CV and a cover letter through email at email@example.com by 29 February 2016. Please note that this will be an ongoing recruitment process and a candidate could be selected before the end of the closing date. Eligible candidates are encouraged to apply early.
People Living with HIV are encourage to apply and will get preference for this position. Salary and benefits are competitive in the level of for regional NGOs based in Bangkok.
No comment yet.