APN+ is a network of People Living with HIV (PLHIV) in Asia and the Pacific. It was established in 1994 as a response to a need for a collective voice for PLHIV in the region, to better link regional PLHIV with networks throughout the world, to support regional responses to widespread stigma and discrimination and to advocate for better access to treatment, care and support.
In early 2011, the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria (GFATM) approved round 10 grants titled Monitoring Access to Treatment in Asia (MATA) with APN+ as a Principle Recipient (PR). The goal of the grant is to improve knowledge and understanding of issues related to PLHIV’s access to treatment, care and support services in the region and use it for evidence-based advocacy. The program is currently being implemented through Sub-recipients (SRs) in Bangladesh, Indonesia, Nepal, Pakistan, Philippines and Vietnam.
APN+ plus is currently in negotiation of a subsequent grant that is planned to be in implemented in 9 countries starting mid of 2016 and ending on December 2018. This grant will be jointly implemented by APN+ and three other regional networks in their program countries.
To address the increasing M&E function of APN+ Regional secretariat office is seeking to recruit a Monitoring and Evaluation Manager.
Summary of the position:
The Monitoring and Evaluation Manager is responsible for the monitoring and evaluation of the APN+ GF grant The following are the main duties and responsibilities.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Monitoring and Evaluation Manager is responsible in monitoring all project implementation activities in relation to APN+ GF grant implementation
- The Monitoring and Evaluation Manager is responsible for the production of M&E reports in relation to APN+ GF grant implementation
- Establish M&E system in relation to the APN+ GF grant and the integration with the overall APN+ M&E system of APN+
- Develop, together with the APN+ GMU, annual work plan, budget and reports to be reviewed by the LFA and GFATM Secretariat
- Collect project data, verify, recapitulate, process, analyze and document project implementation and the results of project implementation of SRs & PR
- Ensure on-time development & submission of reports & documents.
- Monitor, supervise and intensively communicate in collecting reports from the SR to ensure on-time submissions.
- Review all of the SRs project implementation documents and to coordinate feedback through appropriate feedback mechanisms.
- Prepare, together with the APN+ GF Finance Officer, progress update and disbursement requests and submit to APN+ GF Grant & Unit Manager for review and approval.
- Prepare quarterly, annual reports and other reports that needs to be reviewed by the APN+ GMU, LFA and GFATM.
- Together with the APN+ Finance Officer, plan for monitoring visit to SRs
- Provide trainings & technical assistance to SRs on grant implementation & M&E
- Provide feedbacks to SR project coordinators and assist APN+ GF Grant & Unit Manager to provide feedback to SR staffs & head of organizations.
- Monitor the SR project implementation, in comparison with SR grant absorption
- In coordination of APN+ Grant & Unit Manager, follow up on findings of M&E
- Report to APN+ GF Grant & Unit Manager if possibilities of conflict of interests are identified and propose for action plan to prevent & address the conflict of interests
- Minimum 5 years of work experience in program, planning monitoring and evaluation in the field of HIV and AIDS.
- Minimum 1 year of experience in program management and implementation at the regional level.
- Prior experience in the field of HIV and AIDS in one of the program contries will be an asset.
- Prior experience with the Global Fund supported project is an asset but not a requirement.
- University degree in Health, Social sciences, Demography, Statistics or equivalent desired. Undergraduate degree with relevant experience is also eligible to apply.
- Very good command of written and verbal English. Ability to communicate within cross-cultural program.
- Prior experience in donor reporting and coordination
- Since APN+ is a network of people living wih HIV, A person living with HIV and or belonging to any key population with significant experience are encouraged to apply even though all the requirement listed above are not fulfilled. Sucn applicants will be reviewed based on a competitive experience in lieu of educational background.
- A pleasant person, with attitude to learn and be open to work with people different cultures.
- A team person, who values collective growth, respects ideas and adjusts with the situation.
- Be able to travel to the region and enjoy learning from field experiences.
How to apply:
This position is expected to start as soon as possible. Please send a CV and a cover letter through email at email@example.com by 29 February 2016. Please note that this will be an ongoing recruitment process and a candidate could be selected before the end of the closing date. Eligible candidates are encouraged to apply early.
People Living with HIV and those belonging to key population at an increased risk of HIV are encourage to apply and will get preference for this position. Salary and benefits are competitive in the level of for regional NGOs based in Bangkok.